It is suitable to make a referral to TRiP’s 11UI or twelve&up initiative if you have detected behaviours or conditions that place a child/youth in a position of vulnerability. Elements to consider for a referral to TRiP are:
- The child/youth exhibits multifaceted behavioural challenges.
- The child/youth is showing or is affected by composite risk factors.
- Previous engagements in services have shown little progress in the child/youth.
- The child/youth has experienced personal, situational, and/or institutional barriers to services and support.
- After having explored other options, the referring agent considers TRiP to be the best option.
What is expected from you?
- the child/youth’s participation in 11UI or twelve&up is voluntary and requires parent/guardian consent;
- it is important for the caregiver to recognize that they have an important role influencing the child/youth’s behavior;
- there is an expectation the caregiver will be involved in all case conferences and other activities to support an agreed upon plan;
- failure to participate may result in a discontinuation of support from the initiative.
Caregiver Referral Form:
Agency Referral Form: